Selective Laser Sintering
JR Prototypes uses Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) equipment to create complex models and parts.
Key benefits of our SLS prototyping:
- Creates highly detailed models
- Produces multi-piece, integrated structures
- Makes flexible parts with live hinges
- Produces lightweight end-use parts
- Offers build sizes up to 22" x 22" x 18"
- tolerances of +/- .005 for the first inch and +/-.003 for each additional inch
How Does SLS Prototyping Work?
SLS prototyping uses a high-power laser to fuse powdered plastic into a desired shape. A cross-section of a 3-D digital description is scanned, the powder bed is lowered, and the process is repeated until the part is completed.
When you need complex models or end use parts, contact JR Prototypes. We provide SLS prototyping services to clients throughout the US.